by Don Mahurin, 2018-03-24
ThinSlides is a Media gallery and slide show program that resides primarly on the client side. The only requirement of the server is to serve an index of files.
Features of ThinGallery.
- Works with trivial web server setup
- Wervice is compiled to a single html file
- Provides full page media slide show, with key and swipe navigation between slides
- Finds and uses associated audio file for images (picture.jpg.mp3), for a narrated slide show experience.
- Lazy recursive folder traversal to show all media in selected folder
ThinSlides was inpired by ThinGallery, and the gallery portion of ThinSlides is derived directly from ThinGallery.
(See: https://github.com/gfwilliams/ThinGallery )
Some additions to ThinGallery code:
- lazy loading of images
- support for video files
- support for audio files
- Run 'make' to generate slides.html
slides.htmlin the folder with your images/media
- Alternatively, rename slides.html to index.html, and move images to a subidrectory names 'files'
- Open the location or slides.html in a browser
- python: python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000
- nodejs: npx http-server
- php: php -S localhost:8000 -file index.php
Slide show usage
- Press ESC to start slide show or return to gallery/index.
- Click on an image to start slide show at that image
- Use arrows or space to navigate and play.
- You may also use swipe or mouse click to navigate