by Don Mahurin, 2018-03-24
ThinSlides is a Media gallery and slide show program that resides primarly on the client side. The only requirement of the server is to serve an index of files.
Features of ThinGallery.
- Works with trivial web server setup
- Wervice is compiled to a single html file
- Provides full page media slide show, with key and swipe navigation between slides
- Finds and uses associated audio file for images (picture.jpg.mp3), for a narrated slide show experience.
- Lazy recursive folder traversal to show all media in selected folder
ThinSlides was inpired by ThinGallery, and the gallery portion of ThinSlides is derived directly from ThinGallery.
Some additions to ThinGallery code:
- lazy loading of images
- support for video files
- support for audio files
- Run 'make' to generate slides.html
slides.htmlin the folder with your images/media
- Alternatively, rename slides.html to index.html, and move images to a subidrectory names 'files'
- Open the location or slides.html in a browser
- python: python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000
- nodejs: npx http-server
- php: php -S localhost:8000 -file index.php
Slide show usage
- Press ESC to start slide show or return to gallery/index.
- Click on an image to start slide show at that image
- Use arrows or space to navigate and play.
- You may also use swipe or mouse click to navigate